Monday, October 20, 2008

Story of Stuff

What should I do for the environment?
Recycling? Save the energy?
What I've already known is all that I could do?
How does it affect protecting environment?
What could we do more?
This film is all about these questions.
We've been used to use any product from the factory regarding as a gift of modern society in the name of convenience.
There are also a big city's consumption habit in Korea, but what's different from that of US is a little bit stronger restriction about managing and using waste. For example, we keep recycling strictly. And using single usage container is limited. etc. We also have to put stronger restrictions to wider and various parts of society. I think it's in the process of protecting environment in Korea.
Watching this film, I came to know more in detail what we care why we care for the environment. It'll definitely affect my daily consumption habit because I'm a human who cares about the future with conscious.
As mentioned in the film, the global climate change is attributed to the process of the waste management. Almost everything in the cycle of modern society's production affects the environment, mostly negative. We should be aware that only solution(would rather say 'way to slow down') is that every parts of society should care and give efforts organically in order to make the environment have ability to self-cure and keep it lively.

1 comment:

Woo said...

Yeah, I really agree with your opinion. We have to care about environment for future. I think one of the main problem is that the unregulated disposal of industrial effluent despoils the environment. Government should make more stronger laws than today's weak laws. Finally, I got your main point easily. Good job ^-^.